The new local spatial development plan

The new local spatial development plan allowing for the commencement of further work on the construction of Sinfonia Varsovia Orchestra’s new home became effective on 23 May 2017.

The resolution of the Council of the Capital City of Warsaw (Resolution No. XLVII/1134/2017 of 06 April 2017) on passing the local spatial development plan in the vicinity of the Wiatraczna Roundabout, part II entered into force.

Passing a new local spatial development plan is one of the milestones in the process of implementation of scheduled changes on the property at 272 Grochowska Street, taken over for use by the Sinfonia Varsovia Orchestra in 2010. The resolution passed by the Council of the Capital City of Warsaw allows for continuation of design work done by Atelier Thomas Pucher of Graz and for filing before the end of 2017 of an application to issue a construction permit for the reconstruction and restoration of 5 historical buildings of the former Veterinary Institute, provision of new development of the property and construction of a new 1850 seat concert hall.

The project for the construction of the Sinfonia Varsovia Orchestra’s new home is possible thanks to financial assistance of the organising body – the capital city of Warsaw under the Integrated Programme of Restoration of the capital city of Warsaw and the investment task “Modernisation of historical buildings and construction of a concert hall at Grochowska Street for the needs of the Sinfonia Varsovia Orchestra”.